Monday, July 26, 2010

Philanthropist Founds "Podcasts Without Borders"

(Elvira, PA) Ray Kluge Jr, the son of real estate mogul Ray Kluge, announced this week that he would be founding and overseeing "Podcasts Without Borders", a charity designed to provide podcasting equipment to destitute populations.

"It came to my attention last month", Kluge said, "that very few really poor people have podcasts. In India, for example, fewer than 5% of the population are involved in any form of podcasting. I just thought to myself, 'Nope. Not on my watch.'"

"I spoke with Raghu Bhatnagar, who runs India's most popular podcast, "The Caste Cast". I was hoping to collaborate with him, as one podcaster to another. But he thought it would be better if I just made a contribution to a recognized aid organization."

"We just didn't see eye to eye. I mean, most of these people can barely afford to feed their families. How can we expect them to afford podcasting equipment? Is the United Nations going to give them laptops and headphones? Ha! I don't think so!"

Kluge himself is the sole voice of three separate daily podcasts: "Just Chatting", "Talking 'Bout Stuff", and "The Two O'Clock Thoughts Roundup".

No comments:

Post a Comment