Monday, July 12, 2010

Salesman Blurts Out Line of the Year


When salesman Tony Runkel met two colleagues for breakfast at Sarah's diner on Wednesday, he had no idea that their waitress would be serving him up for his best line of the year.

"Well, Bob and Dan both ordered pancakes, I got the three egg platter.", Tony explained. "When Susan got back to the table she couldn't remember who ordered what. So she asked 'who's the egg man'? I said, 'I am.' Then just a moment or two passed, and without even thinking I said 'goo goo ga joob!'"

Tony continued with great enthusiasm, "I don't have any idea where that came from! It was like some inspired magic!"

Tony then held his hand up as Bob and Dan both high fived him in turn. Susan flashed a wry smile and said "very funny".

Tony stated "I'm only 34 years old. I'm not even SUPPOSED to know that song." Then pointing to the back of his head "It's just filed away back here somewhere."

"So, yeah. That was a week ago, and we're still all talking about it. Around the office we have this thing now. People have started calling me Eggman. They just walk by and go 'Hey Eggman! What's up?' or something. Then I always flash'em a finger-gun and say "goo goo ga joob! Bang! Bang!" So, it's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment